First Aid Level 2 training will be useful for employees to enable them to provide primary emergency care (first aid) in response to an occupational risk induced or any health emergency in their specific workplaces
People that have undergone First Aid Level 2 training will be able to: demonstrate the principles of primary emergency care; assess and control a single injury emergency scene in the workplace; demonstrate primary emergency life support for adults, children and infants; explain and manage shock; carry out secondary assessment of the sick or injured person and provide appropriate primary emergency care at the scene; keep records of the incident/accident.
- Medico-legal implications – incl. consent
- Emergency scene management
- Primary & secondary survey
- CPR – one & two person; adult, child, infant
- Respiratory distress – incl. artificial respiration
- Choking – blocked airway; adult, child, infant
- Circulatory shock & other types of shock
- Wounds & bleeding
- Burns & fractures
- Amputations & chest injuries
- Unconsciousness & fainting
- Head & spinal injuries
- Environmental injuries & illnesses
- Poisoning, bites, and stings
Read, write, & understand English
Math literacy (ABET Level 3 – Grade 7)
Grade 11 certificate
Prior HIV training / First Aid Level 1 certificate
2 days (16 hours)
R1450.00 per person
(please contact us for onsite quotations, price per person may differ depending on group size)
Written theory test (closed book; requires 85% to pass)
Practical demonstration of First Aid skills
If found ‘not yet competent’, an attendance certificate will be issued
First Aid Training SA Certificate of competence. Valid for 3 years
Unit standard aligned workshop.
Issued within 10 working days from successful completion of training.
Drum Beat Academy, 7 Van Wouw Street, Groenkloof, Pretoria
Call us today to make your booking 0860 10 36 35 or complete the quick contact form at the top right of the page.