Course Information for US 120496 & 376480
First Aid training (US 120496, 376480) will be useful for employees to enable them to provide primary emergency care (first aid) in response to an occupational risk induced or any health emergency in their specific workplaces, and to enable the first responder to react to emergencies at an advanced first aid level, until the arrival of more professional emergency personnel.
People that have undergone First Aid training will be able to: demonstrate the principles of primary emergency care; assess and control a single injury emergency scene in the workplace; demonstrate primary emergency life support for adults, children and infants; explain and manage shock; carry out secondary assessment of the sick or injured person and provide appropriate primary emergency care at the scene; keep records of the incident/accident.
- Medico-legal implications – incl. consent
- Emergency scene management
- Primary & secondary survey
- CPR – one & two person; adult, child, infant; AED
- Respiratory distress – incl. artificial respiration & oxygen therapy
- Choking – blocked airway; adult, child, infant
- Circulatory shock & other types of shock
- Wounds & bleeding
- Burns & fractures
- Amputations & chest injuries
- Unconsciousness & fainting
- Head & spinal injuries
- Environmental injuries & illnesses
- Poisoning, bites, and stings
- Anatomy & physiology
- Disorders & diseases
- Pregnancy and emergency childbirth
Read, write, & understand English
Communication and Math literacy at NQF Level 1
Grade 9 certificate
R2400.00 per person
(please contact us for onsite quotations, price per person may differ depending on group size)
Completion of workbook (requires 85% to pass)
Practical demonstration of First Aid skills
If found ‘not yet competent’, an attendance certificate will be issued
TETA accredited competence certificate (approx. 6 months)
Attendance certificates will be issued to all candidates attending training within 10 working days from successful completion of training.
Drum Beat Academy, 7 Van Wouw Street, Groenkloof, Pretoria
Call us today to make your booking 0860 10 36 35 or complete the quick contact form at the top right of the page.